Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Playoffs are upon us...

So for anyone who is following this blog, as well, as following my kids football, the playoffs are upon us. My son Kamiko granted is not playing for a championship, they are just trying to salvage what has been a very trying year.

Now Kulani's team, well that's another story. These kids when I first coached them back 6 yrs ago., I had to take a knee to get down to their level, now they're 6 ft. tall, and I have to look up to see them eye to eye. How do you handle this? How do you handle, these kids... men, they were once young children, now they are young men... built in the image that you try to instill in them... Giving direction... discipline... accountability... passion... I love these kids, men, I hope that when Kamiko's teammates get to this age I feel the same for them.

Good luck 8th graders, good luck in life... and good luck in the playoffs! Go HAWX!!!

2 comments:

Jenn & Noah said...

Very well said! It has been awesome following these kids (now young men) for so many years!!

Durbin Express said...

Wud up Paoa!!! Welcome to the world of blogging!! Love the pics!